A Note From The Athletic Director:
Welcome to Athletics at CSCA
I would like to welcome you on behalf of the athletic department at Coral Springs Christian Academy. We strive to provide a Christ-centered, competitive atmosphere where success is defined as doing your best for the good of the team. We believe extracurricular activities are a privilege and that student athletes should be held to a high standard. Sportsmanship, selflessness, and service to others are values that are stressed at every level of athletics at CSCA. We offer 14 varsity level sports, as well as, junior varsity and middle school level sports. Our athletic program is fortunate to have enjoyed a tremendous amount of success in a short period of time as ten of the fourteen varsity sports have won at least one individual or team district championship. We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for CSCA athletics in the future.
In His service,
Sports Offered at CSCA:
Latest News & Announcements:
- August 29: Varsity Volleyball: The Varsity Volleyball team got it's first win of the season defeating Sagemont 3-0. It was big day for all the Volleyball teams as all 3 teams won vs. Sagemont before a large home crowd. The next games for all 3 teams will be on Tuesday 9/2 at HOME vs. Highlands Christian. Gametimes are below. Come out and support the Lady Crusader Volleyball program!
- August 26: Varsity Volleyball: The Varsity Volleyball team loses it's opening match of the season to Calvary Christian 3-0.
- August 25: Varsity Volleyball: Sr. Julia Lindbergh named by the Sun-Sentinel as a "Player on the Rise" in their 2014 Volleyball season preview! Go Julia!
- August 21: Varsity Volleyball: The Varsity Volleyball team won their 2nd preseason game Thursday night defeating Lake Worth Christian. The Crusaders will open the regular season at HOME on Tuesday night 8/26 vs. Calvary Christian. Gametime is 6:30. The JV Volleyball team will also face Calvary at 5:00. Come out and support the Lady Crusaders as they kick off the 2015 season! Go Crusaders!
- August 19th: Varsity Volleyball: The Crusaders won their preseason game on Tuesday night vs Glades Day. They will now take on Lake Worth Christian on Thursday night 8/21 at 7PM. Click below for more details...
- August 17th: Varsity Volleyball: The 2014 Volleyball Season kicks off this week as the team will participate in the Lake Worth Christian preseason tournament on Tuesday and Thursday. The Crusaders will take on Glades Day on Tuesday at 5:30pm. Thursday's opponent is TBA. Games on both days are hosted at Lake Worth Christian. For more details, click the links below.
- Volleyball: MS Tryouts - Monday 8/18, 3:15-4:30
- There are going to be MS Volleyball Try-Outs this Monday, August 18. They will be from 3:15-4:30. Volleyball is a great way to start the new year with fun, a chance to get to know new people, & teamwork. Please encourage your daughter to come tomorrow & have fun!
For His Glory,Rachel Holz
Varsity Volleyball Coach
- Football - Preseason meeting on Monday 8/18...
- Welcome Back Crusaders,We are excited for what this season has in store for the future of CSCA Football! We have a great group of coaches lined up to lead the program this season and we are looking forward to getting out on the field to prepare for the first game. There will be an informational meeting Monday, August 18th for both Middle School and High School after school. Our Middle School team looks to continue improving on their successes from last year, and in looking to build our program the right way, we are looking to add JV games for our high school football players. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Donnell Bennett, Andy Holz, or Steve Fitzgerald. Practice schedule and games will all be discussed at the meeting next week.
- August 10: CSCA Football Status Update
- The athletic department, Coach Bennett and the administration have been carefully evaluating the current state of our football program at CSCA and have come up with a plan to build a competitive program for the future. Because of numbers (loss of seniors, lack of upperclassmen returning) and our concern for player safety, we have decided we will not field a varsity football team this year. We will look to build a solid foundation through our middle school team as well as providing the opportunity for a JV team to give our younger high school student-athletes the experience they need. Our goal is to reinstate the varsity team for the 2016 season. At that point we will look to join an independent conference that will allow us to compete for a championship against teams/schools that are similar to us in enrollment and in talent level.
We view this programmatic change more of a challenge and change of philosophy than anything else. It provides us with a great opportunity to strengthen the program from the bottom up, laying a firm/strong foundation, creating some new excitement and enthusiasm with our players and fans and building the depth and experience we need for long term success. We are very confident having both Donnell Bennett and Andy Holz still involved in the program to ensure that the program is moving in a positive direction.
From Coach Donnell Bennett:
Please be advised after prayer and arduous reflection regarding our varsity football team last year, spring workouts and the anticipated student athlete reenrollment for the upcoming 2014-2015 academic school year, I deem it necessary for the safety of our children to suggest suspending the varsity football season and continue to build from our growing middle school program. I know many people will recollect previous years where iron man football has been played with no more than a dozen students, however, the level of competition on our schedule continues to rise. Established programs such as Champagnat and Dade Christian, to name a few, have athletes competing and committing to Division I Level Higher Academic Institutions. The safety of our students is of the utmost importance and continuing the varsity football season, subjecting to them possible injury, is a dangerous situation. I have played this game at its highest level, and I know that even being a professional does not protect you from the strenuous and daunting physicality of the game of football. I am disappointed that my thought process and evaluation has led me to this decision, but I remain confident it is the best for OUR CHILDREN. As previously stated, we can continue to build on our middle school football athletic program foundation and revamp with an emphasis placed on Safety, Sportsmanship, Competiveness and Winning. This may take us some time, but the finished product will be Kingdom Building as well as uplifting for our kids. Thank you for all your continued support and we look forward to our future. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
CSCA Athletics Facebook Feed:
- Athletics Department Philosophy & Policies
- The Crusader Club (Booster Club)
- Coaching Contacts
- Athletics Forms
- For other Athletics Department information, please visit the Athletics Information link on the left.
Follow Crusader Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram - Click the logos below