Welcome to CSCA Cross Country!
Cross Country is a fall sport that starts in mid August with practices and the first meet is scheduled for September 5. The regular season concludes with the district meet the first week of November with the regional and state meets concluding the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Brad Lindbergh is the head coach, in his fifth year at CSCA and in his 13th year overall. He was previously the head coach at Stoneman Douglas HS. He was also an asst. coach at St. Thomas H.S. and was the middle school cross country coach at Coral Springs Christian School in the 1990s. Coach Lindbergh ran track and cross country in high school and college and has run hundreds of track and road race events over the past 30 years.
The assistant coach is Lauren Moxey who ran for coach Lindbergh on the Forest Glen Middle School track team back in the 1990s. She went on to a stellar running career at St. Thomas and at FAU and is still an excellent runner who has great enthusiasm for the sport and the Lord.
Our goal is to train up any athlete to their full potential and to use their God given talent to give glory to God by competing with excellence, integrity and enthusiasm. Our aim is to improve each day whether they are a beginner or a state level athlete.
Our boys Cross Country team qualified for state in 2010 and 2007. The 2010 boys set a school record by finishing 2nd at the regional meet. We have also had at least one individual qualify for state each year since 2006. Adam Tauzer is the current school record holder with a 17:08 time and placing 19th at state. Adam is now running Cross Country for Lee College in Tennessee. Kent Lindbergh, a five time qualifier for the state meet is now running cross country and track for Wheaton College(Illinois) and former runners Nick and Sky Squillace and Noah Thompson all run track at the University of Northern Florida.
The girls Cross Country team qualified for state in 2006 and has had school record holder Abbie Slupecki (21:20) qualify three times for state as an individual as she enters her senior year. Former team member Catie Bowne ran for the FAU women’s track team in recent years.
Upcoming meets include the Spanish River Invitational in Boca Raton on September 22 and the City meet at Tradewinds park on October 9. The team will travel to Titusville for the largest meet of the year on September 28.
We offer the following Cross Country teams:
- Varsity Cross Country (Boys & Girls)
- MS Cross Country (Boys & Girls)
- May 1: Cross Country: CSCA Cross Country Informational Meeting : There will be a Cross Country informational meeting next Monday, May 6 at 2:45 pm, after school, in room 233. Please come and find out about our plans for next year to defend the girls district title and for the boys to win a district championship. Even if you want to know how to get into great shape but aren't sure about joining the team, come and try it out.
Thank You, In Him,
Brad Lindbergh, CSCA Cross Country Head Coach
- December 28: Varsity Cross Country: Congratulations to Connor Hollander and Abbie Slupecki who received Honorable Mention honors for Cross Country by the Sun-Sentinel. Great job!
- November 15: Girls Cross Country (Abbie Slupecki): Senior Abbie Slupecki finished in 9th place at last weekends Regional Cross Country meet and qualified for the state meet this week in Tallahassee on Saturday (11/17 - 10:05am). Best of luck Abbie! [click for more details]
- November 10: Results from Saturday's Regional Cross Country meet:
Abbie Slupecki finished 9th and qualified for the State Meet! Congratulations Abbie!
Results: FHSAA 1A Region 4
Girls - 5,000 Meter Run
9) Abbie Slupecki 21:27.63
27) Anna Tauzer 22:46.89
71) Holly Kuyper 25:30.79
74) Rayn Ramclam 25:44.07
83) Alex Ellard 27:23.39
Boys - 5,000 Meter Run
55) Nicholas Slupecki 19:35.22
69) Nick Mena 20:17.17
79) Geoffrey Still 20:39.60
97) Jordan Roig 22:13.10
101) Jacob Kuyper 22:18.36
104) Sebastian Conde 23:20.71
106) Kyan Reynolds 23:49.42
- November 1: Crusader Girls Cross Country comes out on top at District meet! The Boys team finished 3rd. More details coming soon. For results from the meet, click the links below.
- September 10: The Crusader Cross Country teams got their season off to a great start on Monday, September 10 as the girls won their meet against Boca Christian, Highlands and Wellington Christian. [Boca Christian Meet Results - click here] The Crusaders next race this Friday (9/14) vs. Pine Crest at Mills Pond Park in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Friday 12/30/11: Boys Cross Country runner Adam Tauzer named to the Sun-Sentinel All-County 2nd Team. Mason Ellard earned Honorable Mention. Click here to see all the Cross Country All-County winners.
Please visit our Cross Country / Track & Field site:
Coral Springs Christian Academy
2251 Riverside Dr,
Coral Springs, FL 33065