2013 Regional Champions! / State Runner-up!
2012, 2007, 2005 District Champions!
2011 Kreul Champions!
Congratulations Varsity Boys Basketball - 2013 Regional Champions!!!
We offer the following Boys Basketball teams:
- Varsity Boys Basketball
- Junior Varsity Boys Basketball
- Middle School Boys Basketball
- Elementary Boys Basketball
- April 16: Varsity Boys Basketball: Coach Steve Fitzgerald has won the Florida Coach of the Year for Class 3A! After leading the Crusader Boys Basketball program further than they've ever gone this past season, Coach Steve Fitzgerald has been recognized with Florida Coach of the Year honors in Class 3A, awarded by the FABC (Florida Association of Basketball Coaches). Coach Fitzgerald led the Crusaders to the State Championship game, falling short vs. Providence School of Jacksonville. The Crusaders played one of the most competitive schedules in the State of Florida this past season and beat many of the top teams in state, regardless of class size. Coach Fitzgerald also won the Sun-Sentinel Coach of the Year for Broward Small Schools. THE FABC selects Players of the Year, and Coaches of the Year for each classification in Florida each year. The FABC released the winners to local papers today. Coach Fitzgerald is mentioned for winning the Coach of the Year in the article below. Congratulations Coach Fitz!
- April 8: Jr. Crusader Basketball: Jr. Crusader Basketball is coming next week for grades K-5. Please see flyer for details [click here] If you have any questions, please call Coach Fitzgerald at 954-840-1170.
February 28: CSCA falls short in State Finals, losing 62-56 to Providence; turnovers and missed free throws too much to overcome: The Coral Springs Christian Academy Boys Basketball team's historic season came up just a little shy of winning it all in it's first ever trip to Lakeland and the State Tournament, losing 62-56 to Providence. Turnovers and missed free throws proved too much to overcome this time, as the Crusaders who never gave up and kept fighting hard, couldn't pull off the victory in the end like it had done so many times this season. The game started off with the Crusaders taking total control jumping out to an early lead with outside shooting and Nura Zanna having a strong first quarter. Seniors Kevin Pierre-Louis and Brandon Spencer both hit 3 point shots, and Nura Zanna had 6 points including a dunk and a pull up 15 foot jumper. Sophomore Alowei Talent added 4 more points. The Crusaders led 16-7 just before the end of the first quarter, but Providence quickly scored 4 points before the quarter ended to cut the lead to 16-11. The Crusaders started off the 2nd quarter well, extending their lead to 22-13 before Providence went on a 9-0 run to tie the game at 22. Providence star Grayson Allen led the charge in the 2nd quarter, scoring 10 of his game high 31 points and sparking a 16-2 run to give Providence a 29-24 halftime lead. Once again the Crusaders allowed the Stallions to score quick points at the end of the quarter that turned a 24-22 lead with 1:15 left before halftime into a 29-24 deficit. The Crusaders managed to score just 8 points in the 2nd quarter and were outscored 18-8 by the Stallions. The 3rd period was much of the same, as turnovers and 2nd shot opportunities for Providence plagued CSCA, and the Crusaders were outscored 16-8 in the quarter to trail Providence 45-32 going into the 4th. The Stallions pushed their lead to 14 early in the quarter and for the first few minutes the Stallion lead was between 9-11 points before the Crusaders began to chip away the lead at around 5:00 minutes remaining. As has been the case so many times this season, the Crusaders once again showed heart and determination and fought hard throughout the 4th quarter, outscoring Providence 24-17, but ultimately ran out of time as the Stallions were able to withstand the charge and win the State title with a 62-56 victory. Ultimately 14 turnovers that led to 16 points for Providence, and 6-16 Free throw shooting prevented CSCA from prevailing. Leaders for the Crusaders were Alowei Talent who was named the MVP for the Crusaders in the game, who had 13 points on 5 of 6 shooting with 4 rebounds. Brandon Spencer who helped keep the Crusaders in the game late with 3-pointers, scored 15 points, making 5 3-pointers in the game, and also handed out 6 assists. Nura Zanna once again facing constant pressure inside, scored 11 points with 12 rebounds. Robby Bell added 10 points including 3 3-pointers and also had 3 assists. Speaking with sfhssports.com after the game, Coach Fitzgerald said that his team made mistakes Thursday that it had not made all season. “I felt like we didn't play our smartest game tonight,” Fitzgerald said. “We always play hard, but I don't think we played smart tonight. We turned the ball over a lot and we missed some crucial free throws – things that hadn't hurt us much this year. I felt like we weren't able to get the ball into Nura like we had...you just have to tip your hat to [Providence].” Point guard Brandon Spencer was quoted in the Sun-Sentinel on his team's hard work and determination this season. "All season we fought and fought. We just came up short, But I love these guys and I'm proud of them." Added forward Nura Zanna when speaking to the Sun-Sentinel: "We made history. We were the first [Crusaders team] to make it to Lakeland. But we're not just happy to be here. We were here to dominate and win everything, but we lost the championship." The Crusaders finish this historic season with a 24-9 record, a Regional Championship, and a State Runner-up appearance at Lakeland. The Crusaders graduate 4 Senior Starters in Nura Zanna, Robby Bell, Kevin Pierre-Louis, and Brandon Spencer, but will be back strong next year, and for years to come with Juniors Lawrence Barnes and Moses Newman, Sophomore Alowei Talent, and 8th grader Jeffrey Prophete, along with some young, up and coming talent from the JV team. Look for the Crusaders to become a fixture in Lakeland for many years in the future. Congratulations to the Crusader players, coaches, staff, and fans on a historic season in not only school basketball history, but also in school athletics history! You've paved the way for Crusader teams in all sports, showing that Passion, Poise, and Perseverance, along with hard work, will lead to success! GREAT job Crusaders, we are all very proud of what you have accomplished! GO CRUSADERS!!!
[article by Greg Severine]
February 27: The Crusaders Advance to the State Finals!: The Crusaders defeated 5-time State Champion Florida Air (Melbourne) on Wednesday afternoon by a score of 56-49 to advance to it's first ever State Final game. The Crusaders once again proved that they are a battle tested team, and can come through in the clutch with the game on the line. The game was close throughout with a number of lead changes and ties. Tied after the first quarter and trailing by one at halftime, the Crusaders took a big lead at the start of the 3rd quarter going ahead 30-24. Florida Air battled back to tie, and then go ahead. For most of the 2nd half the game went back and forth with both teams unable to get leads of more than 3 points. The Crusaders were trailing by 3 with about 5 minutes left and then went on a 10-2 run to go up 5. Florida Air hit a 3 to get it back to 2, but the Crusaders put away the game by shooting 10/11 on FT's the rest of the game. The battle tested Crusaders who are used to playing in tight games, once again kept fighting and once again were able to close out the game once they grabbed the lead. Senior Nura Zanna led the Crusaders with 22 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 steals. Lawrence Barnes once again stepped up scoring8 points including a big 3 pointer to give the Crusaders the lead late in the game. Alowei Talent added 8 points and grabbed 8 rebounds. Brandon Spencer had 8 points including 6/8 on FT's with 3 assists. The Crusaders will play Providence (Jacksonville) on Thursday night at 8:05pm for the State title! Let's Go Crusaders!
February 24: CSCA Boys Basketball is Going to LAKELAND!!!: After defeating Westminster Christian in the Regional Finals, we are now the Region 4 Champions and we have the historic opportunity to play in the State Tournament in Lakeland for the first time! The Crusaders will face Florida Air of Melbourne in the State Semifinal round. The game will be Wednesday 2/27 at 1:30pm at the Lakeland Center. Complete details are available in the calendar link below ... Go Crusaders!!
FHSAA State Tournament previews:
- February 23: Varsity Boys Basketball: Crusaders Win Regionals; Headed to States!!! The Crusaders Boys Basketball team defeated Westminster Christian 62-34 to win Regionals and they now advance to the State Tournament for the first time in school history! The Crusaders started off well, dominating inside and drawing fouls. However Westminster Christian hung tough in the first quarter with 3-point shooting and only trailed the Crusaders by a score of 13-10. Midway through the 2nd quarter the Crusaders began to pull away as Westminster Christian clearly had no answer for Nura Zanna in the paint. The Crusaders increased their lead to double digits and went in at halftime up 32-17. The Crusaders continued their strong play in the 2nd half and continued to increase their lead, cruising to a 62-34 victory. As the final seconds ticked off the clock, the Crusader fans who were strong in number and loud in voice, rejoiced as the clock finally reached 0:00 and the Crusaders had made history, earning their first ever trip to states. Nura Zanna had 19 points on 7/10 FG shooting, and added 7 rebounds. Westminster Christian's defense had no solution for him in the paint, and Nura kept all of their bigs in foul trouble as a result. Robby Bell played a great game with clutch 3-point shooting, strong defense, and all around smart play and hustle. Robby finished with 14 points, including 4 3-pointers. Lawrence Barnes again had a strong game finishing with 12 points. Alowei Talent added 8 points. Coach Fitzgerald and all the players would like to thank all the fans for travelling so far for this History making game. As Coach Fitzgerald stated "It almost seemed like a home game in Miami at times!". ON TO LAKELAND! The State tournament will be held this week in Lakeland at the Lakeland Center! The Crusaders will face Florida Air of Melbourne in the Semi-final round. The game will be on Wednesday 2/27 at 1:30pm. Complete details are available in the calendar link below... Best of luck in Lakeland! Let's bring home the State Championship! Go Crusaders!!!
- February 23: Varsity Boys Basketball: Crusaders Win Regionals; Headed to States!!! Crusaders defeat Westminster Christian 62-34 to win Regionals and advance to the State Tournament this week in Lakeland! This is the first trip to the State Tournament in School History for Boys Basketball! Game Recap coming soon. Go Crusaders!!!
- February 19: Varsity Boys Basketball: Crusaders Advance to Regional Finals with 50-40 Defeat of Rival Sagemont: The Crusader Varsity Boys Basketball team defeated rival Sagemont 50-40 on Tuesday night to advance to the Regional Finals (Region 4, Class 3A). The Crusaders avenged a 3 point loss to Sagemont 10 days earlier in the District Championship game, and won 2 out of 3 matchups against Sagemont this year. The Crusaders were able to offset Sagemont’s game plan to limit the damage by Senior Nura Zanna by double teaming him in the post. Nura did manage to get 6 hard earned points, ALL at the Free Throw line. The Crusaders stepped up as a team and had a number of great performances in the win. Junior Lawrence Barnes had 11 points, including 7 in the 4th quarter (many on clutch Free Throws). 8th Grader Jeffrey Prophete also had 11 points, scoring baskets when the Crusaders really needed them. He also had 2 steals late in the game to help seal the victory. Senior Brandon Spencer did a great job handling the ball and had 6 points and 2 assists before missing most of the 2nd half due to a hit in the head. The Crusaders rose to the occasion and were able to handle the pressure on the ball from Sagemont with Senior Kevin Pierre-Louis, Jeffrey, and Lawrence handling the ball. Junior Moses Newman added 5 big points in the first half when Nura Zanna was on the bench in foul trouble. The Crusaders as a team ALL stepped up when it came to knocking down free throws. The Crusaders hit 26/33 FTs on the night, many late in the 4th quarter under pressure to keep the lead (2 more made FT’s were waived off due to lane violations by the Crusaders). The Crusaders will now go on the road once again, this time to face Westminster Christian (Miami) on Saturday night in the Regional Finals game (Region 4). The winner of Saturday’s game goes on to Lakeland and the State tournament! Game time is 7:00pm. There is a $7.00 FHSAA mandated admission fee. Let’s Go Crusaders!!!
- Miami Herald Article on Tuesday’s Victory over Sagemont: Coral Springs Christian’s Depth Helps Beat Sagemont
- Information on Saturday’s Regional Final Game (includes Fan Bus info/permission slip for Students): Varsity Boys Basketball - REGIONAL Finals vs. Westminster Christian-Miami (AWAY) Saturday 2/23; 7:00pm
- February 14: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Varsity Boys Basketball team defeated Summit Christian on Thursday night by a score of 60-53 in a come from behind Overtime victory in the Regional Quarterfinals. [click here for video highlights] The Crusaders now move onto the Regional Semifinals and a rematch against Sagemont! The game is scheduled for Tuesday night February 19 at 7:00pm. The game will be held at Sagemont. Admission to all Regional games will be $7.00 (FHSAA mandated admission). [click here for more info on Tuesday's game] Go Crusaders!
- February 9: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Varsity Boys Basketball team fell to Sagemont 51-48 in the District Championship game on Saturday night. The Crusaders had to foul late in the 4th quarter to stay in the game, and had a chance to tie at the end of regulation. A great play gave the Crusaders an open 3 at the buzzer that just missed. The Crusaders now move on to Regional play and will travel and take on District 13 Champion, Summit Christian on Thursday night February 14. Gametime is at 7:00pm. Admission is $7.00 [FHSAA state mandated admission charge] [click here for more info on Thursday's game]. Go Crusaders!
- February 8: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Boys Varsity Basketball team defeats Calvary Christian 60-25 in the District Semifinals on Friday night. The Crusaders who came into the tournament as the #1 Seed will take on #2 seed Sagemont on Saturday night. Gametime is 7:00pm at HOME! Go Crusaders!
- January 25: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Varsity Boys Basketball defeats American Heritage 48-46 in another thrilling victory. The Crusaders were led by Nura Zanna with 24 points and 13 rebounds. Alaowei Talent added 8 points, 9 rebounds and 4 steals. Jeffrey Prophete added 4 points and 4 assists. [Video highlights courtesy of sfhssports.com]
- January 22: Varsity Boys Basketball: Crusader Boys basketball defeats Lake Worth Christian 85-64. Nura Zanna continues to dominate and leads way tonight with 26 points and 9 rebounds.
- January 19: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Boys basketball team defeats defending 6A state champion Miami Norland on Saturday by a score of 47-45. The Crusaders trailed most of the way but once again found a way to come out on top. In a close game throughout, the Crusaders were able to defend well and hit key free throws in the 4th quarter to defeat Florida's class 6A #1 team Miami Norland 47-45. Norland features Georgia Southern signee Tyrell Williams (2014), Source Hoops' class of 2014 #10 player Zachary Johnson, and a very good 6'9" freshman in Dewan Huell. Nura Zanna led the way for the Crusaders with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Brandon Spencer added 11 points with 3 assists and 3 steals. Lawrence Barnes knocked down a couple 3's early and finished with 7 points and 5 rebounds.
- Miami Herald Article on the game: "Coral Springs Christian Stuns Norland in Boys’ Basketball"
- Article from SFHSSports.com on the game: "Nura Zanna gets min-sized stamp of approval"
- Video Highlights of the game courtesy of SFHSSports.com [click here]
- Photos from the game and other games in the tournament, also courtesy of SFHSSports.com [click here for Facebook link]
- Video Highlights from our CSCA Crusader Hoops youtube page [click here]
- January 19: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders will be playing tonight in the MLK "Stop the Violence" basketball tournament at Miami Central High. The Crusaders will be playing Miami Norland HS, the defending Class 6A State Champion. Gametime is at 10:00pm.
- January 18: Varsity Boys Basketball: Crusader Boys Basketball wraps up #1 Seed in the District with defeat of WA on Friday night! CSCA improves to 14 - 6 with the 72 - 58 victory. [click here for highlights]
- January 17: Varsity Boys Basketball: Nura Zanna Nominated for McDonald's All-American!: A huge honor for Nura Zanna as he was selected as a McDonald's All-American nominee. Nura is just 1 of 9 Seniors from the State of Florida to be nominated! Congratulations Big Z!
- January 16: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Varsity Boys Basketball team wins a thrilling OT game vs. rival Sagemont 50-49 before a packed and LOUD home crowd. The Crusaders overcame Sagemont leads of 11 points at halftime, and an 8 point Sagemont advantage with just 3:36 left in the 4th quarter. The Crusaders then went on a 10-2 run to tie the game at the end of regulation. The run was keyed by a huge 3 point shot by Robby Bell. In overtime the Crusaders trailed by 2 with less than 10 seconds remaining. The Crusaders then won the game in the final 4.6 seconds of OT on Nura Zanna's basket and free throw to complete a 3 point play. Nura led the team with a game high 26 points. In addition to making the game winning free throw, Nura broke the Career record for points at the school during the game. Way to go Crusaders, and congratulations to Big Z on your big night!
- Miami Herald Article: Zanna’s shot in final seconds of OT lifts Crusaders
- youtube.com/cscacrusaderhoops: Video Highlights from last night's big win over Sagemont!!
- sfhssports.com: Video Highlights: Coral Springs Christian wins an overtime thriller
- January 10: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders lose a close game to Martin County HS 62-58. [click here for highlights]
- January 8: Varsity Boys Basketball: After being down by as much as 17 in the first half, the Crusaders fought back with tough defense and hot shooting in Florida Christian's gym to win 62-49. [click here for highlights]
- January 3: JV Boys Basketball: The Crusaders faced the Rivieria Beach JV Tournament defending champs, Cardinal Gibbons, in the 2nd round Thursday night. Gibbons played extremely tough defense the entire night with a big frontline and strong guards. Despite the physical mismatches, the Crusaders fought well with Ray Robinson and Abule Abadi making consistent contested baskets inside. Despite their performance, the Crusaders fell short 44-34 and were eliminated from the tournament. Ray Robinson led the Crusaders with 11 points, and also had 5 blocks. Abule Abadi and Logan Hodges each scored 9 points.
- January 3: JV Boys Basketball: The Crusaders Boys JV Basketball team defeated Olympic Heights 73-42 today at their tournament in Riviera Beach. Right from the start of the game game Olympic Heights had no answer for the combination of Abule Abadi and Raynard Robinson inside. Both had a couple of lay-ups apiece in the first quarter. This also opened things up for Logan Hodges to knock down some open shots. The Crusaders took a 15-point lead into halftime and then really blew the game open in the 3rd quarter. KJ Ruff created several turnovers resulting in easy Crusader baskets. Logan Hodges and Abule Abadi both scored 17 points, and Ray Robinson chipped in with 11. The Crusaders will take on Cardinal Gibbons at 5:30pm today.
- January 2: JV Boys Basketball: The Crusaders Boys JV Basketball team lost on Wednesday to Palm Beach Lakes 60-44. The Crusaders came out slow, allowing PBL to hit 3 3-pointers in the first quarter. Our defense picked up in the second quarter, but we were unable to get our offense going and only closed the gap by 2. PBL came out strong in the second half, leading by as many as 20. They won in spite of our nice offensive fourth quarter. Top performers in the loss were Abule Abadi (8th grade) with 16 points, Ray Robinson (Fr.) with 9 points, and Logan Hodges (Fr) with 8 points. The Crusaders will take on Olymoic Heights on Thursday at 11:30am.
- December 29: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Boys Varsity basketball team loses 68-67 to Dr. Phillips in Consolation game Saturday afternoon at the Kingdom of the Sun tournament. [click here to watch a FULL replay of the game]
- December 28: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders Boys Varsity basketball team overcomes an early deficit and comes back to defeat Rutherford HS in overtime 65-61 today at the Kingdom of the Sun Tournament. [click here to watch a FULL replay of the game] The Crusaders will take on Dr. Phillips on Saturday at 1:30pm for the Consolation Championship.
- December 27: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Boys Basketball team defeated Lake Highland Prep this morning 64-55 at the Kingdom of the Sun tournament in Ocala. [click here to watch a FULL replay of the game] The Crusaders will take on Rutherford HS on Friday at 1:30pm.
- December 26: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Boys Basketball team loses to Gainesville HS this morning 60-57 at the Kingdom of the Sun tournament in Ocala. [To watch a replay of the game, click here]. The Crusaders will take on Lake Highland Prep on Thursday at 11:30am.
- December 26: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusader Varsity Boys Basketball team is currently ranked #6 in the state for Class 3A teams. [click here for 3A State rankings]. The Crusaders are ranked #53 overall among all Boys Basketball teams in the state. [click here for Overall State Rankings] Great job guys, keep it going! GO CRUSADERS!
Kreul Classic News:
- December 14: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders defeated Dwyer 54-40 on Friday night at the first game of the Hoop Exchange Southern Series @ the Sagemont School. The Crusaders faced off against perennial state power Dwyer High School. Dwyer proved to be no match for Nura Zanna's inside game nor were they able to contain senior point guard Brandon Spencer. In the end, CSCA finished on top by a score of 54-40. [click here for video highlights]
- December 11: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders defeat Calvary Christian 59-23 in a District game at home on Tuesday. Nura Zanna opened the Crusaders' second district game with 4 dunks within the first 4 minutes. The LIU-Brooklyn commit finished with 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals in the victory. [click here for highlights]
- December 8: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders fall to Oldsmar Christian 57-51 at the Hoop Exchange event at Montverde Academy. The Crusaders matched up against a very tough and talented Oldsmar Christian team. Oldsmar is part of the Sunshine Independent league which features perennial national powerhouses such as the Rock School and Arlington Country Day. After being down by 13 in the first quarter, the Crusaders stormed back to tie the game in the 4th quarter. However, Oldsmar closed the game out well and won 57-51. Oldsmar features 3 players already signed to Division 1 schools (including DJ Bowles - Wichita State) with 2 more receiving offers and standout sophomore Alex Owens. The Crusaders were led by Nura Zanna with 19 points and 10 rebounds. [click here for highlights]
- December 1: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders defeated North Miami on Saturday afternoon at the Cypress Bay Coaches' vs. Cancer event. The final score was 69-40. [click here for highlights]
- November 28: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Varsity Boys Basketball team defeated Pine Crest on Wednesday night by a score of 67-42.
- November 27: Varsity Boys Basketball: CSCA Boys Basketball is featured in SFhighschoolsports.com's article on class 3A season predictions [click here to read article]
- November 25: Varsity Boys Basketball: Nura Zanna was named to the Preseason All RMF 1st Team by RMF Magazine. Lawrence Barnes was named honorable mention. Congratulations guys! [click here for article]
- November 23: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Varsity Boys Basketball team beat Flagler Palm Coast in the Kiwannis Holiday Shootout tournament today 56 - 43, opening the 2012/2013 season with a victory! [click here for Video highlights] They will play Father Lopez Saturday at 4:30. GO Crusaders!
- November 18: Varsity Boys Basketball: Senior Nura Zanna is featured in today's Sun-Sentinel preseason Fab Five! This is a great honor and accomplishment for Nura. Big Z is the first CSCA Basketball player to ever be selected among the preseason top 5 players in the county! Congratulations Nura! (Photo courtesy of Sun-Sentinel.com - Robert Duyos / November 17, 2012 )
- November 18: Varsity Boys Basketball: Coral Springs Christian Academy is listed among the teams to watch this season by Sun-Sentinel.com. Congratulations! Go Crusaders!!! [click here for article]
- November 17: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Coral Springs Christian Crusaders wrapped up their preseason schedule with a 61-49 victory over a very good Coral Gables team. The Crusaders were led by senior Nura Zanna's 26 points and aided with 7 steals from junior Lawrence Barnces. [click here for video highlights]
- November 15: Crusaders at the Next Level: Alumni Jamie Anderson of Indian River State College played a key role in his teams win over Hillsborough CC today. [click here for article]
- November 14: Varsity Boys Basketball: Nura Zanna makes it official today signing his letter of intent to play for Long Island University! Congratulations Big Z.!
- November 13: Varsity Boys Basketball: The Crusaders were victorious Tuesday night in their preseason opener against a tough Gulliver Prep team. Taking a one-point lead into halftime, the Crusaders were helped by Nura Zanna's 15-point 3rd quarter and eventually won the game 68-60. [Click here for video highlights]
- October 20: Varsity Boys Basketball: Air Crusaders prepare for flight... [click link to view photos on our Facebook page]
- October 20: Crusaders at the Next Level: Alumni Kyle Lindbergh won the Dunk contest at Dordt College during Midnight Madness. [click link to view photos on our Facebook page]
- October 15: Varsity Boys Basketball: Senior Nura Zanna verbally commits to LIU Brooklyn today according to Head Coach Steve Fitzgerald. Congratulations Big Z!
- Sun-Sentinel Article [click here for article]
- Miami Herald article [click here for article, scroll down past Golf article]
- New York Post article on Nura's verball commitment to LIU [click here for article]
- Nura Zanna Midseason Highlights 2011-2012 [click for YouTube video]
- October 8: Varsity Boys Basketball: Another write-up from this weekend's Adidas Showcase, this time from Rivals.com. Click link and scroll to the bottom to read about the performances of our own Raynard Robinson, Abule Abadi, and Jeffrey Prophete! [click here for article] -Gavin Felix
- October 8: Varsity Boys Basketball: Excellent write up of the CSCA Basketball young guns from this past Saturday's Adidas Superstar Showcase held at CSCA! Featured in the article are Solomon Alaowei(Sophomore), Ray Robinson (Freshman), Jeffrey Prophette (8th Grade) and Abule Abadi (8th Grade) [Click here for article] -Geoff Still
- October 7: Varsity Boys Basketball: Nice write-up of the Adidas Superstar Showcase that took place at the CSCA gym yesterday. The CSCA Crusaders represented very well. This article talks about Senior Nura Zanna (1st team all-state last year) and Junior newcomers Moses Newman and Ateev Shirajee. Way to go guys! [Click here for article] -Geoff Still
- August 10: Write-up by sfhighschoolsports.com on last weeks skills camp at UM. Mentioned are Lawrence Barnes, and Jeff Prophete (click here to see article)
- July 18: sfhighschoolsports.com recently posted a highlight video of Senior Robby Bell at the recent Nike Basketball Tourney. (click here to view video)
- July 16: A nice write-up on hopeseen.com about Freshman Raynard Robinson from an event in Atlanta a few weeks ago (click here to see article, then scroll down)
- July 13: Highlight video on sfhighschoolsports.com of Senior Nura Zanna at the RMF Magazine Nike Basketball Tournament. (click here to view video)
- June 5: Visit our youtube page (www.youtube.com/user/cscacrusaderhoops) and checkout the highlights from the past season. The 2011-2012 Highlight video is now available! (click here to view video)
- May 21: A number of Crusaders had big weekends with their AAU teams at the Gold Coast Classic held locally. Nura Zanna's Gold Coast team won the 11th grade division. Alaowei Talent and the Boca Vipers won the 9th grade division. And not to be outdone, Jeff Prophete, and Abule Abadi and their Lauderhill Lions team took top honors in the 7th grade division. Great job guys!
- May 17: Upcoming Senior Nura Zanna, who was recently named the top player in South Florida for the Class of 2013 by rmfmag.com, earns another big honor. He was recently ranked as the # 16 player in the STATE for the class of 2013 by sourcehoops.com. Another great honor. Way to go Big Z! (click here for article)
- May 8: Congratulations to Nura Zanna who will be a Senior next year at CSCA. He was named the top player in South Florida for the Class of 2013 by rmfmag.com. Congrats Big Z! (click here for article)
- Archive: 2011/2012 Boys Basketball [click here]
For more Crusader Boys Basketball content, visit these websites:
Coral Springs Christian Academy
2251 Riverside Dr,
Coral Springs, FL 33065